Narva is the third biggest city in Estonia , located on the left shore of the river Narva, on the border with Russia. Its history started after the fire of 1659 when from Old Narva remained only three houses and a castle. After that in the central part of the city was allowed to build only stone buildings. Until the World War II Narva was famous for its universal style where mixed gothic, baroque and classicism. In 1944 the city was almost destroyed and during its renovation were also restored many architectural monuments.
Tourist information center: Peetri plats 3, 20308 Narva, Phone: +372 35 99137,email@example.com
How to reach Narva
By train. Train schedule from Moscow.
By car. Travel time: from Tallinn - 2h 35min, from Saint Petersburg - 2h 20min.
Architecture complex, which includes Livonian order castle and fortress that were built by Danes as a residence of the viceroy. The main tower – Pikk Hermann is a city landmark. The castle is renovated and today you can visit here Narva history museum.
Hotels, guest houses, apartments and other accommodation options in Narva.
The church was built in 1881 – 1884 and dedicated to Emperor Alexander II. It is the only Lutheran church in Narva and the biggest in Estonia. Inside its campanile is opened history and culture museum and in the hall are hosted different concerts.
The Resurrection Cathedral
The Orthodox cathedral was built in 1890-1898. The first stone in the foundation put Emperor Alexander III. The special value made classic three-part iconostasis and wooden crucifix of Christ of XVII century. It’s a wonder that the cathedral has “survived” during the World War II and therefore its look preserved up to present days.
On the territory former Krenholm factory are Narva waterfalls. They are formed because of the work of hydroelectric factory in Ivangorod. It’s possible to see waterfalls during the spring flooding with excursion from Narva museum. Also is interesting to visit Keila waterfall (6 m) to which lead suspension bridges.