Since 1202 the castle of the Order Sword Brothers . The houses and yards near got called "konventa yard" according to the name of building type.
Trying to break free from the Orden's power t the end of the XIII century, citizens of Riga destroyed the castle and the buildings near it. However, in 1330 the city was defeated and had to build a new castle on the bank of Daugava and the yard of the old castle was called the Konvent of the Holly Ghost. In 1488 a monastery was placed there.
Konventa Seta is now an independent world in the centre of the Old Town, including a hotel, a porcelan museum, antique shops and numerous cafes. Three gates lead to Konventa Seta and they are closed for night.
72 last month
71 last month