In the 13 century the so-called Crooked castle was towering from the bank of Vilna river. In 1390 it was burnt down by the crusaders. In 1613 the first crosses to commemorate the monks who accepted grievous death for Christianity were placed there.
In 1916 the old wooden crosses were replaced by new ones made of concrete, which were designed by architect A. Vivulskis. During post-war years, the Three Crosses, as well as many other religious monuments, were blown up and buried. In 1989 they were restored.
79 last month
43 last month
K. Škirpos alėja, Viļņa, Lietuva