Due to its architecture, it reminds of ancient Greek temples. The first cathedral was built in the beginning of 13th century by the Lithuanian king Mindaugas.

In 1387, Lithuania officially adopted Christianity, and a new cathedral was built on the same place, which survived until the fire of 1419. Throughout the following centuries, quite often the cathedral suffered from fires and floods, and was rebuilt several times. In the murky dungeons of the cathedral there are burial places of Lithuanian princes and boyars, as well as the remains of the foundation of the old church.

57 last month

48 last month

Contacts:

Address:
Vilniaus Šv. Vyskupo Stanislovo ir Šv. Vladislovo arkikatedros bazilikos parapija, Šventaragio gatvė, Viļņa, Lietuva
Phone:
+370 (5) 261 07 31
Email:
parapija@katedra.lt

© 2002–2015 Meeting.lv - Guide to Riga, Latvia. All right reserved