iVF Riga is a First Choice clinic for infertility treatment and reproductive genetics.
iVF Riga is a First Choice clinic for infertility treatment and reproductive genetics. It is headed by Dr. Violeta Fodina who has many years of experience in the field of reproduction and ginecology. iVF Riga Clinic offers the first official and the largest Reproductive Tissue Bank in the Baltic countries as well as the unique Centre for Reproductive Genetics.
iVF Riga Clinic uses properly selected treatment, individual approach and the latest technology, that’s why it is possible to overcome the disease with the first cycles of treatment. The following methods of infertility diagnosis and treatment are available at iVF Riga Clinic:
• IUI (intrauterine insemination, which is used in the case of minor sperm abnormalities)
• IVF (in vitro fertilization, which is used in the case of endometriosis, minor deviations in the semen or unexplained infertility)
• ISCI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection into an egg, which is used in severe cases of male infertility)
Infertility may be caused by very different factors, and often the inability to conceive a child is connected with the problem of men's health. IVF Riga Clinic offers male patients to undergo a complete check-up and consult a physician specializing in urology and andrology. The treatment of male infertility includes:
• Consultation by urologist/andrologist
• PICSI (injection of a selective potential sperm cell into an egg)
• TESA (invasive testicular sperm aspiration, which is indicated in case of severe male infertility – azoospermia)
• Semen analysis/spermogram
• Test for sperm DNA fragmentation
• OxiSperm test (helps determine the reason for sperm DNA fragmentation)
• Sperm function test (is used to determine sperm maturity and its ability to fertilize an egg)
• Fructose and alpha-glucosidase tests (in the case of azoospermia help determine whether there are obstructive causes of male infertility).
• Molecular testing of AZF regions of Y-chromosome (is indicated in case of severe male infertility – oligospermia and azoospermia)
At the current stage of the development of medicine to help patients who have disorders of the reproductive function, increasing attention is given to genetic examinations that may reveal why even under favorable conditions, pregnancy does not occur.
In our unique Centre for Reproductive Genetics is a modern high-tech genetic laboratory, allows to carry out cytogenetic and molecular genetic testing. Professional advice to patients with disorders of reproductive function provides an experienced physician-geneticist Dr. Liene Kornejeva. The main purpose of the Centre for Reproductive Genetics of iVF Riga Clinic is to diagnose infertility, to increase
the chances to get a long-awaited pregnancy and to give a birth to a baby. Genetic examinations include consultations by a medical geneticist who can provide an opinion on the risk of transmission of genetic abnormalities to the next generations, explain the possible causes of infertility and offer recommendations.
The services of the Сentre for Reproductive Genetics include:
• Karyotyping (a special test that checks for the presence of abnormalities in all chromosomes).
• PGS (preimplantation genetic screening) – in some situations where a visually good embryo is implanted and the parents have a normal karyotype, pregnancy does not occur. To find out the reason, the embryos are tested for abnormalities in the chromosome set. Prior to implanting them into the uterus, PGS is performed.
• PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis) – in case of abnormal parents’ karyotype, the embryos obtained by in vitro fertilization are checked using PGD to eliminate the pathology detected in the parents.
• Non-invasive determination of fetal Rh factor for an Rh negative woman – if the partner is Rh positive, there is a risk of maternal-fetal Rh incompatibility. If the fetus has inherited the Rh factor from the father, anti-Rhesus globulin must be administered in good time as prevention to avoid complications. iVF Riga Clinic offers a test for determining the fetal Rh factor by a non-invasive method using the mother’s blood. This method has the accuracy of 99% and is harmless for both the woman and the child. If the test shows that the fetus is Rh negative, it means that the pregnancy proceeds normally and there is no danger.
• Molecular testing for thrombophilia (blood clotting disorders may become an obstacle on the way to the desired childbirth. Molecular testing for thrombophilia can help choose the right tactics for treatment and prevent spontaneous abortion, miscarriage and complications with placentation).
• Molecular testing of AZF regions of Y-chromosome (to get an answer to the question whether there is a chance for a man with azoospermia or oligospermia to have his own children).
• HLA typing of the recipient for compatibility with the egg donor - Human Leukocyte Antigen testing which makes it possible to choose an egg donor whose HLA system is similar to that of the recipient. Thus, the selection of a HLA-similar donor for the recipient minimizes the risk of miscarriage during the treatment of infertility with donor eggs.
• Fragile X chromosome syndrome (FXS) testing – Fragile X syndrome is well known and a common cause of X-linked mental retardation. Within the reproductive diagnostic in patients with a reduction in ovarian function, irregular menstrual cycles, early menopause and infertility diagnosis is indicated FMR1 gene genetic testing. Mutations in FMR1 gene are linked to early ovarian function reduction or exhaustion.
iVF Riga Clinic offers the first official and the largest Reproductive Tissue Bank in the Baltic countries and provides services of cryopreservation - freezing and storage of the genetic material (eggs, sperm and embryos). Freezing at low temperatures (vitrification) is a secure and trusted method that does not effect on embryo development, as well as on ability to fertilization, and allows to preserve the genetic
material with a large percentage of survival - 98% after thawing. Cryopreservation of reproductive cells and tissues is relevant for:
• oncologic patients. Before treatment, the genetic material is frozen and stored in the cryobank. After the disease retreats, the patient who has undergone cancer treatment has the opportunity to have his or her own children.
• persons who wish to postpone motherhood or fatherhood for social reasons – career development or family status. By freezing his or her genetic material, the patient retains the ability to have children in the future, as well as to preserve his or her youth, because the quality of the cells is known to deteriorate with age and due to various factors.
• persons who still have embryos left after a treatment cycle. Thus, the patient has the opportunity to repeat the treatment of infertility.
According to the law of the Republic of Latvia, one’s own genetic material can be stored for up to 10 years.
If infertility is caused by the quality of reproductive cells, it is possible to become parents by choosing a Donation program:
• egg donation
• sperm donation
• embryo donation/adoption
The Reproductive Tissue Bank of iVF Riga Clinic offers a wide choice of healthy and young donors. A donor can be selected by phenotypic criteria, blood type and Rh factor, education and interests. All personal data will not be accessible according to the law of the Republic of Latvia on the anonymity of donors.
iVF Riga Clinic has qualified gynecologists with long experience who provide comprehensive gynecological care for patients. Gynecology department of iVF Riga Clinic offers the following services:
• Complete gynecological examination
• Consultations of gynecologist-endocrinologist
• Gynaecological ultrasound
• Hysterosalpingoscopy (the fallopian tubes checking)
• Tubal patency checking with ExEm foam
Particular attention specialists of iVF Riga Clinic paid to Pregnancy care. Our experienced obstetricians observe the state of health of the future mother and the development of the fetus from conception to the birth.
iVF Riga Clinic offers the following services for pregnancy monitoring:
• High-risk pregnancy (a pregnancy with an increased risk of complications or a risk of death of the fetus, the newborn or the mother before or after delivery)
• 2D/3D/4D USG
• Cerclage pessaries (a non-invasive alternative to the cervical cerclage procedure. It is indicated if there is risk of miscarriage and premature birth)
High-tech laboratory with the modern equipment, highly skilled professionals of iVF Riga Clinic are ready to help you realize your dream - to become parents.
New direction of Infertility Treatment and Reproductive Genetics Clinic iVF Riga - the opening of the Centre for Biotechnology and Cord Blood Stem Cells. Now you can get a new exclusive service in our clinic - to take care of the future of your children and protect them against possible risks and dangerous diseases. If umbilical cord blood is collected during birth and the selected stem cells are put in the Cryobank, in the future they can be used to recover almost any tissue and organ of this person.
Cord blood stem cells can only be obtained once in a lifetime - at birth, and as new technologies in medicine are developing day by day, after a few years cell transplantation of umbilical cord blood will be used in various medical fields. Therefore, you and your child will have your own reserve - biological insurance against a huge number of serious diseases. It is particularly important to preserve the stem cells of the child, if there have been cases of cancer, genetic, cardiovascular diseases or blood diseases among family members.
Why choose the Centre for Biotechnology and Stem Cells of iVF Riga Clinic for the storage of stem cells?
Our Centre offers:
* In-depth health examination using the latest techniques of the European level, including comprehensive genetic and molecular genetic testing in a specialised laboratory of our own Centre for Reproductive Genetics.
* All of the complicated process of selection, processing and storage of stem cells in one place - in the new high-tech laboratory of stem cells of iVF Riga Clinic.
* Equipment corresponding to the highest and latest standards of modern biotechnology.
* Certification, which meets all the international quality standards.
* Highly qualified specialists, trained in the most famous leading stem cells banks worldwide.
* Agreements for the collection of umbilical cord blood with all the maternity departments of the major hospitals in Latvia.
* Simple and clear organisation of the process of receipt and delivery of umbilical cord blood for storage in our Centre.
* Competitive prices and various payment options.
For more information you can always contact our Centre for Biotechnology and stem cells of iVF Riga Clinic at 1 Zala Street, Riga, Latvia (tel.: +371 67111117); visit our website: www.ivfriga.eu; contact the Patient coordinator of our Centre by phone: +371 26600533.
108 last month
100 last month